SIM

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Hi.  My husband needed a new phone so he took over mine and I bought a new phone.  They are both IPhone4s.  My problem is I forgot to take my SIM card.  I put a new one in my new phone and left mine in my old phone.  Now my husband gets all my email, alerts, etc, etc.  Can I fix this or do I have to get a new SIM card for his phone (my old one)?  And if I get a new SIM card for his phone will I lose anything on my phone?  As well, do I have to load all his contacts manually because if I load the contacts won't it copy all my info (email address, settings, etc)?  Thanks for any help.  He is getting tired of all my email and texts popping up on his.  Thanks, Toni

Highlighted
Guardian

Text messages are tied to the phone number not the SIM card. TELUS associates your SIM card with your phone number but that information is on the network not the SIM card itself. If he has your old phone number then he will get text messages sent to it. You can call TELUS customer service to swap your phone numbers. Alternatively just swap the SIM cards yourself.

Email is tied to the accounts set up on the phone. If you didn't delete your accounts from your old phone then he will get all your email.  I don't use Apple products so I can't help you on how to do this. Maybe you can go to the Apple store and they might help you. Same goes for the contacts.

Bottom line is none of this is directly related to your SIM cards.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > current account on phone.
Delete this account.
Set up new account. Incoming server is imap.telus.net, or pop.telus.net
Insert login and password
Outgoing server is smtp.telus.net >> port 1025

Hope this helps.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
You may need to associate his Apple ID with the phone so you can iMessage properly.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"