Problems with Samsung calling

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Highlighted
Rockstar

Hey @pathar can you elaborate a little?

iPhone power user
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Everything else seems to be working except my phone feature. If someone calls me it shows as ringing but when I answer I cannot hear them. Also when I call someone it will ring on their end but I cannot hear it ring or when they pick up.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I am using a Samsung s4 recently updated
Highlighted
Ambassador

Hi pathar, can you try using a hands free device, like a bluetooth headset or a regular headset and tell me if you have the same issue. If it's working with a hands free device, it's most likely to be a hardware issue so maybe a reset can help. I think it's a speaker issue but I can't know for sure. Let us know if you find anything and god luck!

Highlighted
Ambassador

Hey Pathar, did the issue start occurring after you updated the device?

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Yes after
Highlighted
Ambassador

If it's the update the caused the issue, you may want to try restoring the device. There's instructions here: http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/forum/thread/565117/Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Factory-Reset-your-Samsun...

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I tried a friend's bt hands free and it worked off that so it's definitely a speaker issue. I'll try a factory reset and let you know.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
i have had similar problem.unable to hear speaker
after using earbud. i have then made another call
using the headphone and unplug the headphone
during the call.then finish the call with headphone
unplugged.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I'll try. Thanks