Phone

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Hi,

I have been given an Iphone 4S- now I need to know several things-1) how do I get it unlocked and what is the cost associated with that . Also need to know what would be the best data plan available - I mostly use my current phone for texting- however with this new upgrade from my pay as you go- would also have the ability to use the web, check face book and so on. Lastly would I be able to still keep the same phone# 705-305-4193.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

Would suggest you call Telus at *611 to discuss this all but to answer your questions:

1) Telus can unlock it for $35 

2) Because you're not on contract, I'd suggest you take the SharePlus plan w/ 500MB of data for $50/month - this will give you unlimited nationwide calling & texting + enough data for all of the things you'd listed below. Another option is the $50 Lite plan which has 150 nationwide minutes (vs. unlimited) and 200MB of data, you'll get 10% off for a total of $45/month. You'll likely find that with the second option you run through the bucket really quickly on an iPhone.

3) You will be able to keep your number

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

Would suggest you call Telus at *611 to discuss this all but to answer your questions:

1) Telus can unlock it for $35 

2) Because you're not on contract, I'd suggest you take the SharePlus plan w/ 500MB of data for $50/month - this will give you unlimited nationwide calling & texting + enough data for all of the things you'd listed below. Another option is the $50 Lite plan which has 150 nationwide minutes (vs. unlimited) and 200MB of data, you'll get 10% off for a total of $45/month. You'll likely find that with the second option you run through the bucket really quickly on an iPhone.

3) You will be able to keep your number

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ambassador

Telus can only unlock phones that are locked to their network. You will have to ask the person who gave you the iphone4S to contact that carrier it's locked on to have it unlocked. For rates plans with data, visit http://www.telus.com/wireless/share-plus.jsp