cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People’s delayed iPad Pro 4th gen

Laurenz
Organizer
I ordered an the iPad Pro 4th gen last Sunday and I was reading through the forums and is it most likely I will experience the same delays? Or has things decided to shift and have products pushed faster?
Just curious because I become really impatient when it comes to ordering stuff online as per most people I believe especially when there is no estimated delivery date. But thank you for helping “Brandon T” u must be really stressed helping out others so thank u for your courtesy to help. 😊
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Momonkey76

I foresee us getting them at the end of this month or end of Aug at this point. When I ordered mine ok the 24th via Telus? I checked out Apple ( same model and all) and their website showed 3-4 weeks ( July 15th- Aug 5th delivery. So it seems like it would be the same time for us. I heard Telus is getting 2 batches in July so who knows if that’s true.

View solution in original post

115 REPLIES 115

Some* not Tom's

Hate how Telus forums doesn't let you edit or delete a post... Very backwards compares to their competitors forums.

It’s cutting it onto the 4th week and they said to me 2-4 weeks and ordered it on the 7th of June it’s about to almost be a month since I ordered I really hope it comes this week because I don’t want to cancel my order and wait all over again so I guess it’s best to be patient as much as I want to get my device Asap it’s best if I just wait this is really annoying because I’m a trader and the way I trade is binary and that’s time based my computer is way too slow for accurate entries and I need a faster device I’m hoping it comes soon this really annoys me but hey what can I do about it

Hello @Laurenz

I agree with you. Spoke to a Telus Rep on the phone this morning which says they never had any in stock and all of the orders are set to apple at once. So it takes 6/8 weeks for Telus to get more in stock from Apple. Now again anything they say or any Rep says? I take with a grain of salt unless they can show some sort of document saying it. Every Rep including Brandon gives a different story on how this is handled or works. So no actual way of knowing who's telling the truth or what the truth is. Sad isn't it?.

I contacted some Apple stores and they have in stock but only let you buy it outright. It sucks but If no communication or device comes in by the end of this week or next? I'll be cancelling the order. I don't want too but if others have stock? Might as well.

I also spoke with a rep this morning. He said that they received the shipment and is just now waiting for the carrier to pick it up for shipping to customers. He also told me 3-5 business days from today, confidently adding, is when I should be getting the device. He literally said this week "for sure." I guess I just have to wait and see!

Hello @zosvan17

Do a live chat or call tomorrow and see there will be a different outcome to this. I even did a live chat around 5 on purpose and they said 6-8 weeks.

We shall see but I wouldn't be getting my hopes up unless all reps say the same / website changes and also we get a shipment notification

Hello @zosvan17

Wednesday night and no change. Spoke to over 7 reps and none of them said they had stock and are ready to ship out. Most saying it will take 6-8 weeks and that telus has none. I even spoke to a manager this morning which apperantly contacted warehouse and got told they won't get any in for a while.

So I'm slowly giving up on Telus.

I was speaking to a Bell rep and they said that they also have no iPad Pros 12.9 in stock (only 11) and that there is a global shortage. So while I'm not particularly happy with Telus, I think we would be in the same boat with most carriers of this device. The quickest way would be directly through Apple, but I've waited too long now to start over.

Hello @Wynn

Bell at Eaton's center / Scarborough Town Centre have limited quantities. ( Bell had 4 as of yesterday at Eaton's center). So store do have but not all.

Yes it is a global shortage BUT Telus shouldn't say " In stock". Bell shows "Currently not available online check store for stock".

Telus seems to be munipilating people to think they have stock but then show 6-8 week wait. Which isn't right. This is something many at Telus ( managers and reps) agree but only the head office can change this. I got told today no one is working at the webstore department and thus why we aren't getting any replies to the emails we send. Which makes sense.

Just a bit more communication would be better that's all. A weekly or semi month email to let us know what's happening

Yeah. I spoke with them yesterday. They said that they did, indeed, get a shipment in on the 6th, but they were fulfilling them based on who ordered first. I ordered June 12 and apparently I wasn't one of the lucky ones. They offered to put a rush on my order since apparently they are getting another shipment in on the 27th. I told them to cancel my order. I ended up just purchasing a used 3rd gen locally. I'm not going to wait anymore and I need one for work so I'm ok with the 3rd gen. I wish everyone good luck at this point.

Hello @zosvan17

Weird I was told by 2 managers which apperantly spoke to the warehouse and they said they didn't get anything in and have no idea when Apple will send them. Whatever the case may be? Seems like so many miscommunication is happening here. If it's the case that we have to wait another almost month? Then might as well go straight to Apple. Telus should have ordered more then what was ordered at the time so they could fill all the orders. Oh well.

I'm glad you got a 3rd Gen and enjoying it! Thanks for the information I have provided!

Hey guys.

So I got this email from this just about 5 minutes ago. I had a manager get in touch with them and I got this response.

“ Hello D,

We apologize that the Apple iPad Pro 12.9" (4th generation) - Space Grey will arrive later than anticipated due to logistic constraints.

In TELUS, we strive to provide the best customer experience for your mobility products and have them shipped out on the promised timeframe. However, there are instances when an item may be out of stock until the fulfillment process. This can be due to damaged items, high volume of orders, etc.

Note that we are offering multiple of devices online and reasons for the delays may vary. As much as we want to ship out devices after your order is placed, we do run out of stocks of your desired device. Rest assured, we always make sure to try and get stocks ready for you. In the event that an item is in backorder, we will send you your order once the device is available in our warehouse.

If your device is discontinued on the other hand, it may be due to the manufacturer’s decision. If you did purchased a discontinued device, we will offer you the next best device available as an alternative (if any) or we can have the order cancelled so you can place a new order for the handset you prefer.

We regret that you were affected by stocks constraints and hope your future experience with TELUS will be great ones.

Regards,

G
TELUS Webstore
TELUS Customer Solutions
Member of the TELUS team
The future is friendly®“

Yes...I'm very disappointed that this was ordered June 8th and told 7-14 days to receive it. No email on any delays just still waiting. iPad Pro11" model looks to still not be available. Not as disappointed at the delay but very disappointed at the communication or lack there of. At this point I could have made other arangements if the delay was going to go on this long. 

Hello @Actionjax

Yeah the email I showcased above? Seems to be just a generic one. I found the same email without the " iPad pro" name online but with the" iPhone" name instead.

I emailed back and no response. You would think Telus a Canada telecommunications company would do better to handle concerns and emails from customers right? There is no way they have" limited" staff anymore as many have been working form home or their offices.

Lazyness on their part and shows lack of transparency and communication to customers.

Just sent another email to the web store asking for any info on my order. I ordered my iPad on June 2nd, really hoping I get mine shipped soon. We will see in a week's time when they respond. 🙄

Hello @Wynn

Hopefully they do respond. Kinda funny how they have this " online" team yet they can not respond.

I also find it funny how Rogers has the same thing and they respond. Also have a forum which actual Rogers reps work on and they help you if you need help on the forums.

Telus? They are out of touch. Lets see if this week / next week we get some news. I have given up to be honest.

June 2nd and still no shipment email? Yikes! I ordered the space grey IPad Pro 11" on June 24th & I've only gotten an email confirming that my order was received and approved. Judging by how long it's taking everyone else to get their orders (who placed their orders earlier than I did) I'm assuming that I'll get mine by late August/ early September at the earliest. It's annoying to have to wait so long but I'm alright since I'll be using it for school this year and my classes won't start until early September anyway! Again it's just annoying to have to wait sooo long but I knew what I was getting into. I placed my order despite seeing that I'd have to wait 6-8 weeks to actually get it. I'm at week 3 in terms of waiting so I have at least 5 more weeks to go before I can call & complain! I hope you all get your orders soon, I keep checking back here every few days to see if those of you who placed your orders before me are getting any shipment confirmations! I'll check back in a week lol 

Guiqc
Friendly Neighbour

Hi Brandon,

I've been reading many of your answers and you seem pretty efficient so I will try to find some answers here, I didn't get much success with Telus webstore,

I ordered my IPAD on June 09th 2020 was expecting a delivery by 3-4 weeks than got a email saying it would be 6-8 weeks understandable in the circumstances but its been 8 weeks today that's two months with no update or any sign of shipping what is going on here i'm running out of patience as i use my Ipad for both work and video editing.

thanks in advance for the follow up.

Guillaume

@Guiqc 

Welcome to the club. 😁 I ordered on June 2nd, and have received no shipping or updates at all. Some ordered in May and still haven't received any emails.

I just read an article that there is next to no stock anywhere. Ordering from Apple now could take until late August, so we probably won't get ours until September. Looks like @Laurenz got super lucky - grats btw! I highly doubt any stores around where I am will have any in stock., so I'll just have to keep waiting too. 😭

Hello @Wynn

You mean Sept. Apple has a 3-4 week delay as well if u order it today per say. Lol. When u contacted Apple tech support for some issue I asked and they said even in the US they are having the same issue.

@Guiqc

Unfortunately Brandon can't really help out or give much information. He gives out the same information many reps know which are from a script unfortunately. So he can't do much. Also the department that deals with the online orders and communication? Is next to useless as they never email you back and u never hear from them.

As i said above and so did Wynn. Many companies and carriers do NOT have stock of the IPad Pro 12.9 cellular model since middle on June . Even the Apple stores have none in stock for the past month and half.

I ordered mine June 24th and in 6 weeks right now.

Guiqc
Friendly Neighbour

OMG, this is really working my patience. Just hope they ship before the 5th generation comes out 😂

Hello @Guiqc

Haha right? Even my couch which i ordered in the end of March / start of April is showing up tomorrow and that wasn't even in production ever before and it's brand new. So seems like Apple is having major issues lol. At this point? The price should also be lowered by Apple and the carriers..