cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to transfer photos/to new cell phone

Happyman42
Just Moved In

HI I have a new Telus packard bell flip phone.  I am not sure how to transfer my Photos and music off of my samsung cell phone so I can transfer this stuff to my new cell phone.    The reason I am trying this is because on the homepage of my new cell phone it says Telus.  I am wondering is their any free no charge software to transfer this stuff to the Telus packard bell flip phone.

I have Windows 10 

home 64 bit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus doesn't actually sell a Packard Bell flip phone. No Canadian carrier does. The only flip phone Telus currently offers is the Alcatel one. The Alcatel one is actually lower in price than that Packard Bell phone.

The only websites that come up for a Packard Bell flip phones are Walmart Canada and a wholesaler. No other sites list that specific phone and model. Walmart copied the description from a wholesaler website word for word. The description on Walmart's website for that phone labels all carriers in Canada as "3G GSM" which is incorrect.

Packard Bell was bought by Acer back in 2008. The original Packard Bell website is dead and broken. The Packard Bell name now seems to be used by a Russian company, Southern Telecom. At least according to Packard Bell USA's website. PB USA has no cell phones listed anywhere on their site. If you dig into Southern Telecom's website, there is a support page with a basic user guide for the A300PB flip phone. It should have been in the box with the phone. Southern Telecom doesn't even offer that phone for sale or have it on their main site. Only the support page.

The phone appears incapable of data transfers from an old phone. It is using a custom operating system. You could try putting data on a microSD card and putting it into the flip phone but because it's a dead brand and not one supported in Canada, good luck.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus doesn't actually sell a Packard Bell flip phone. No Canadian carrier does. The only flip phone Telus currently offers is the Alcatel one. The Alcatel one is actually lower in price than that Packard Bell phone.

The only websites that come up for a Packard Bell flip phones are Walmart Canada and a wholesaler. No other sites list that specific phone and model. Walmart copied the description from a wholesaler website word for word. The description on Walmart's website for that phone labels all carriers in Canada as "3G GSM" which is incorrect.

Packard Bell was bought by Acer back in 2008. The original Packard Bell website is dead and broken. The Packard Bell name now seems to be used by a Russian company, Southern Telecom. At least according to Packard Bell USA's website. PB USA has no cell phones listed anywhere on their site. If you dig into Southern Telecom's website, there is a support page with a basic user guide for the A300PB flip phone. It should have been in the box with the phone. Southern Telecom doesn't even offer that phone for sale or have it on their main site. Only the support page.

The phone appears incapable of data transfers from an old phone. It is using a custom operating system. You could try putting data on a microSD card and putting it into the flip phone but because it's a dead brand and not one supported in Canada, good luck.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂