cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly bill

Robinanddave
Neighbour

I’ve been with Telus now for over 20 years , have 4 phones and 3 are rarely used, I pay approx $400 per month!!!!! For 20 years and no customer appreciation, I’m extremely disappointed with Telus and am thinking of changing providers every 2 years just to get the new deals for new customers. Why stay with one company if your loyalty means nothing ! I guess us old folks are continually getting scammed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

One other thing to consider is that service providers won't just arbitrarily switch you to a new plan at a new cost. If you are month to month, keep an eye on promotions for BYOD plans and call in to get the new cheaper plan if/when it comes up. I have been doing that for a long time and when I find a lower priced plan for the same or better data, I switch. It is rare that I go on contract unless I'm offered a far better rate. Talking nicely to the loyalty department can sometimes yield good results. 🙂

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Elky64
Ambassador

Yeah cell phone plan pricing has definitely gone through the roof ($80 base now), I've been w/Telus almost 20 years myself. Even BYOD does nothing either if you're a long-term customer other than saving on device cost(s), just like anyone else. Over a year ago began buying my devices outright/unlocked so hopefully when phone plan deals comes along we can take advantage of them yet not holding my breath. Just canceled one of my accounts too as done paying these exorbitant prices... Just might have to go back to pen, paper, snail mail if gets any worse LOL.

Oh hell no! Paper and pens? Lol jk but ya a girlfriend told me she’s with Fido has everything I have $47 per month tax included so how do they justify these prices. All our phones are paid for and I’m with you no more 2 year contracts ! Eventually people will realize their monthly charges aren’t worth a brand new phone. We learned awhile ago lol

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

One other thing to consider is that service providers won't just arbitrarily switch you to a new plan at a new cost. If you are month to month, keep an eye on promotions for BYOD plans and call in to get the new cheaper plan if/when it comes up. I have been doing that for a long time and when I find a lower priced plan for the same or better data, I switch. It is rare that I go on contract unless I'm offered a far better rate. Talking nicely to the loyalty department can sometimes yield good results. 🙂

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Ty 🙂 yes sometimes being polite has its benefits for sure I’ve considered Fido my girlfriend is paying almost half. Of what I’m paying for the same as me and 25 gigs of her own my family is sharing that lol. You’d think having 4 phones they would want to keep your service especially knowing you’ve been loyal to them for 20 years

Sent from my iPad