LG V30 Screen Issues

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Rockstar

I am on my third LG V30 from Telus in two days!  The first one was really bad where the top of the display was so much brighter than the rest of it.  The second had one corner of the display that was significantly darker than the rest of the screen.  The third one which I just got this afternoon has some faint blotches through the middle of it.  This is incredibly frustrating and Telus Store employees just further frustrate me when trying to get a suitable replacement.  

I am aware that both the LG V30 and Pixel 2 XL, which both use the same LG POLED, have issues.  From all of what I have read, that issue is more prominent in devices manufactured before November 2017.  I have yet to find a Telus Store that has a device manufactured after October 2017.  I am fed up with going back to the store to exchange it for something just a little better each time.  The store I purchased the device from is also out of stock because I returned the first two and only took the third because I really like the phone.  However, the screen is still very unacceptable!  

Tomorrow I am going to go exchange my V30 at a different store, if they actually do the exchange.  Based on the conversation I had with them over the phone, they seemed to hint that the issue wasn't severe enough to warrant an exchange.  If that ends up being the case or they give me a hard time.  The phone will go back and quickly enough, my 6 lines will go else where!  It should not be this difficult to get a device with a uniform screen!  

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
You realize Telus doesn’t manufacture phones. If LG has a manufacturing problem and aren’t fixing ones already in the supply chain. Maybe it’s time to look at a different device since you’re on your 3rd phone and all them having an issue. LG obviously lacks any quality control.

I would have given up after the second one having issues and finding a different phone manufacturer.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Rockstar

You are correct!  It is an LG manufacturing issue that also extends to the Pixel 2 XL.  However, it only affects about 20% of phones manufactured and less manufactured through November 2017 and after.  I purchased it from Telus, not LG.  I expect Telus to do better and start sending these things back in bulk to get some decent ones.  They should also be checking these devices before selling them to customers.  

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
It’s up to LG to recall their defective phones in the supply chain. (Which they obviously have no intention of doing). LG has ongoing issues which is why I’d never purchase one in the first place.

The cellphone manufacturer(s) is the end of line to quality control what they ship to retailers. No company is going to open retail boxes to test a device. Take advantage of your warranty if not happy with the device.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.