cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with number sim and number porting

LizPixel
Neighbour

I ported my number from Bell to Telus last night in store and it wouldn't activate. The store clerk told me to call Customer Support the next day (today) because they were closed. I called today using someone else's phone to find out there was an error when porting my number over and the issue needs to be dealt with by the tier 2 support team which can take 7-10 business days! I leave for the US tomorrow and I don't have a phone functioning phone (I got the US and Can roaming planning for this reason). Has anyone else had a ticket escalated to this tier and did it actually take 7-10 business days? I don't know how I'm supposed to work and travel without a sim card for that long.

2 REPLIES 2

Syaoran
All-Star

Ultimately. it depends on what the issue is.  If the issue has to do with the previous provider not releasing the number or something was done incorrectly during the port.  Those issues can sometimes take 2 weeks or longer to sort out.  

It is always a good idea to do these things well I'm advance of any travel plans just in case issues arise.  

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @LizPixel - When you perform a port it is very important to make sure that the information that we send to the other carrier is accurate. At that point you should receive a text message asking if you are authorizing the port. Did both of those steps happen?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.