Is worth getting roaming access when traveling to US for only a week?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

That depends entirely on how much you plan to use your phone. I was surprised how quickly fees rose on a weekend in Vegas a couple of years ago. Prices are now a bit lower, but a roaming package can be cheap insurance. On the other hand, we were three weeks in the USA last fall and did not bother with a roaming package, but also made few calls, and subsisted on WiFi and Ham Radio for communications.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Agree totally based on potential usage.

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

That depends entirely on how much you plan to use your phone. I was surprised how quickly fees rose on a weekend in Vegas a couple of years ago. Prices are now a bit lower, but a roaming package can be cheap insurance. On the other hand, we were three weeks in the USA last fall and did not bother with a roaming package, but also made few calls, and subsisted on WiFi and Ham Radio for communications.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Highlighted
Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Agree totally based on potential usage.

Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi, depending on your needs, I think xl and NFtoBC both made really good suggestions.