cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Device Security Patches/Support?

Elky64
Ambassador

Is anyone "in the know" as to whether Telus, and/or Huawei, has ceased providing security patches/support here in Canada? As in my case we'd be talking about the P20 & P20 Pro. Both still on August's patch and as of November 1st there's not a single sign anything is in the wings.

Yup already contacted Huawei via email and Twitter but we all know where that went "it's carrier dependent"... Another inquiry was just submitted today. Heading over to the Huawei.com site we can find reference to Nov/Oct security patches (for which devices exactly they are for is unclear) yet on the Canadian site/front anything pertaining too is as clear as mud. According to "Huawei EMUI/Magic UI security updates" bulletin (on .com too) the P20 & Pro should still be on a monthly schedule yet going by my experience(s), hasn't necessarily been the case.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Elky64
Ambassador

Well Huawei Support finally came clean giving me an answer to my repeated question(s). Definitely not what I was hoping to hear but now we at least know...

"allow us to inform you that we have not sent security patches for the Canadian Huawei P20 and P20 Pro during September and October, 2019"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Elky64
Ambassador

Well Huawei Support finally came clean giving me an answer to my repeated question(s). Definitely not what I was hoping to hear but now we at least know...

"allow us to inform you that we have not sent security patches for the Canadian Huawei P20 and P20 Pro during September and October, 2019"

Just because nothing came out in Sept/Oct doesn't mean they've stopped. 9.1.0.363 came out today.

Yup appears so. Too little too late for me though as after 20-21 months can't say support has been been all that impressive, definitely no where near the "monthly" (security) they eluded to.