cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I block my caller ID from my cellphone?

horse15
Just Moved In

I've been informed that I can block my caller ID information when placing an outgoing call from my cell phone by pressing #31# and then the number.

Is there a charge or fee when making these types of calls?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

No extra fees.  Some phones allow you to turn off caller ID in the settings, as well.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

No extra fees.  Some phones allow you to turn off caller ID in the settings, as well.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks NFtoBC. So regardless of your plan, there is no additional fees to press #31# when making an outgoing call from your cell phone?

I have been waiting to get through to the Telus customer service to ask but still on hold.

Enriqu1e
Friendly Neighbour

Concealing your guest ID on one gadget shrouds it on all gadgets related with your Voice account.

Enriqu1e
Friendly Neighbour

The words Private, Anonymous or some other indicator will appear on the recipient's phone instead of your mobile number.

I never answer calls without caller ID information that I recognize. If the caller wants to remain annonymous then I don't need to waste my time answering it.

Playaprez
Friendly Neighbour

#31# Blocks when Carrier displays Number

*31# Unblocks when Carrier hides Number.

You can adjust your carriers settings in your diaper settings, to suit your level of sketchiness. Be warned the information can always be revealed with a warrant!

Sheldons
Just Moved In
Enter *67. Enter the number you wish to call (including area code). Tap Call. The words "Private," "Anonymous," or some other indicator will appear on the recipient's phone instead of your mobile number.