cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls dropping

Kmac66
Just Moved In
I have iPhone 12. The past few months my calls have been dropping more and more. I’ve contacted apple. They ran diagnostics etc. I’ve updated to most recent ios. Telus replaced the SIM card and it continues to happen. I’ve noticed the other day. Anytime the phone switches from LTE to 3G mid call (I don’t even have to move locations) it drops the call and I get a call failed notification. Anyone else have this issue?
5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That typically would mean you're in an area with quite poor signal. Either a fair distance from a tower or you've got something environmental causing interference like being in a basement or a structure with a lot of metal in it. My iPhone 12 hasn't been dropping calls at all. Do you experience the problem in mainly one location like at home, or is it happening in multiple locations? Do you have wifi calling enabled as well?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

It happens in multiple areas including town and places I’ve never had issues before. It is happening in and around my home where there have never been problems before and my wifi calling is not enabled.

i'm having the same issue with my Pixel5.  for a number of months calls are dropping and getting worse.  I have issues connecting to the network in places i never had problems in before. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then I recommend enabling Wi-Fi calling. It should at least help when at home.

BTW, I expect cellular signals are not static, and may be adjusted as time goes on. This means  you may see a change in reception with time.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

FRS
Just Moved In

Constant problem over last few months.  iPhone is basically useless at this point.  I went through all the same steps as you did and then Telus told me that it is an apple and Telus issue and should be fixed with next update.  Not sure how much more patient I'll be before changing carriers