cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I able to get a phone without a plan if I'm paying monthly for the phone?

LucasG
Just Moved In

I was looking into getting a pre-owned phone and paying for it monthly, even though I already have a phone and a Telus plan (Talk, text, and data 55). But, I didnt see any options for NOT getting a phone plan. Is there a way to get one and just use the SIM card from my current phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are buying a phone on a payment plan, you have to select a current phone plan. You can keep your number and SIM, but if you want to spread your payments over a number of months, you’ll need a fresh contract.

You might be able to buy a phone outright at a retail location, and keep your same plan.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

polecat
All-Star

@LucasG  If your buying a preowned  phoned from telus and paying monthly for it you will have a contract with monthly payments for 1- 2 + years

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are buying a phone on a payment plan, you have to select a current phone plan. You can keep your number and SIM, but if you want to spread your payments over a number of months, you’ll need a fresh contract.

You might be able to buy a phone outright at a retail location, and keep your same plan.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"