cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extra characters being added to password trying to log into Voicemail

Cantys
Neighbour

Hi,

On my mac (OSX Catalina fully updated) using fully updated Firefox, I have the login to the website for my home phone voicemail saved and can log in fine.  When my wife tried to log into it from her fully updated Win 11 PC using fully updated Firefox for the first time as soon as she clicked login somehow the website added extra characters to the password box and of course then gave her an incorrect password error (it appears to be adding the password a second time, but this is a guess as I was trying to count the dots in the box and it seemed to be double what she entered).  She then tried to copy and paste the password, same result.  She then attempted this on Chrome and Edge, then on chrome via her Android 12 phone both entering it manually and via copy and paste, each time the website added extra characters.  She has no password manager on her PC.  She can log into the main Telus website fine. 

I then opened Safari on my mac, which I have never used to access the Telus voicemail website and the exact same thing happens. the website adds extra characters to the login and the log in fails.

This is obviously an issue with the website as the exact same thing is happening on 4 different browsers on an Imac, Win 11 PC and android phone.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

You may need to speak with our Home Solutions team directly for them to look into resetting the password and other troubleshooting!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I use Edge on Windows11 and when I type in my password and then hit enter additional dots are displayed that make it appear more information is being added to the password field. This is not the case as I am able to successfully login with the password I typed.

I'm not sure if it's the browser or the website that is doing this but it doesn't appear to affect my ability to login successfully.

I don't have Chrome or Safari but I suspect a similar things is happening there.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.