cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Home Phone ZTE723CA signal issue

sorcereropacity
Neighbour

Hi there forums,

I have a Telus Wireless Home Phone using the ZTE723CA model device. While it works alright - I noticed that it no longer shows a green bar for the service signal, but an orange one when making a call - and calls are not as clear as they once were.

the user-guide for the unit shows that this means it's not on the LTE network:

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 12.54.04 PM.png

Does this device support VoLTE for clearer calls? From memory it used to show a green service signal at all times for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sorcereropacity
Neighbour

Hi all, 

If anyone has similar issues - what I've done is ordered a new service line which comes with the exact same ZTE WF723. Same price @ $10/month. 

This new line one works using VoLTE, and doesn't go orange and drop to 3G on calls.

To test, I swapped the SIM's between the two ZTE WF723's - and voilà - the new SIM is properly provisioned for VoLTE and works using the LTE network on both ZTE723 devices. Fancy that?

I had reached out to TELUS Support and none of them seemed to know what was going on and kept suggesting I get something called the "Wisha" which I could not find on their website.

I'm porting the number out of the original device to another carrier, and then I'll port back in onto the new line I just took out to keep my number.

Bit of a workaround - but if it works for what I wanted - hey it works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @sorcereropacity it sounds like you are needing some tech support help. We'll send you a message to try to help

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

thanks, I've replied to the PM! 🙂 

sorcereropacity
Neighbour

Hi all, 

If anyone has similar issues - what I've done is ordered a new service line which comes with the exact same ZTE WF723. Same price @ $10/month. 

This new line one works using VoLTE, and doesn't go orange and drop to 3G on calls.

To test, I swapped the SIM's between the two ZTE WF723's - and voilà - the new SIM is properly provisioned for VoLTE and works using the LTE network on both ZTE723 devices. Fancy that?

I had reached out to TELUS Support and none of them seemed to know what was going on and kept suggesting I get something called the "Wisha" which I could not find on their website.

I'm porting the number out of the original device to another carrier, and then I'll port back in onto the new line I just took out to keep my number.

Bit of a workaround - but if it works for what I wanted - hey it works.