cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi modern / Chromcast

BBBBrad
Just Moved In
I have a Telus wifi modern at home. Bought a google Chromcast Ultra recently and have it connected (with wire) to one of the LAN port on the modern. However, my phone (which is on the wifi network supported by the same modern) is unable to find the Chromcast device. Any suggestion?

Just FYI, My phone can find the device if both devices are on wifi... but I want to know why it doesn’t work when the Chromcast Ultra has wire connection....thx!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using the T3200M? I found problems with it not properly interconnecting Wi-Fi devices to the Ethernet-connected devices on my network. Adding an access point such as Boost, addresses the issue, as it makes your Wi-Fi network appear as an Ethernet-connected device to the T3200M. You can also ask about the new Wi-Fi hub, as it seems to have addressed the issue.

Or, you can continue to connect your Chromecast to your Wi-Fi network.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using the T3200M? I found problems with it not properly interconnecting Wi-Fi devices to the Ethernet-connected devices on my network. Adding an access point such as Boost, addresses the issue, as it makes your Wi-Fi network appear as an Ethernet-connected device to the T3200M. You can also ask about the new Wi-Fi hub, as it seems to have addressed the issue.

Or, you can continue to connect your Chromecast to your Wi-Fi network.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"