cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi 6e

mcianfar
Neighbour

Looking for some guidance here... TELUS Website states all plans over 1.5GB get a 6e router. I signed up for this plan in December and was not given one.

Got the total runaround today bu support.

1) Chat advises me to call Loyalty

2) I call in, get a CS rep and after 1H 40M am told I have to talk to tech

3) Tech after 30 minutes advises I need to pay $400 for the privilege of having this device, even though the website states I get it.

Any advice from fellow community members?

5 REPLIES 5

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi there, I couldn't find any information about that online. Could you share a link? Are you experiencing any service issues? If you need help troubleshooting, please feel free to send us a private message.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

mcianfar
Neighbour

No service issues, but Wifi 6E would be a great improvement for me.

It's listed here:

https://www.telus.com/en/internet/wifi

mcianfar_0-1722472097937.png

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

I still don't see that. Can you send us the exact link? We see the following image on the website and the terms and conditions also indicate Wi-Fi 6 Booster: One TELUS Wi-Fi Amplifier 6 is available for free rental and requires a TELUS Internet service subscription. Signal speed and reception may vary depending on the location and configurations of the wireless modem router and Wi-Fi boosters, the location and capabilities of the wireless devices, the number of nearby wireless networks, the number of active Wi-Fi devices on the network and the construction materials of the home.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

n8diggity
Neighbour

Ive had wifi 6e since January from telus. Im on the 3x plan i get 1.7 down and 1.8 gbps upload on the 6E network with their current hardware. They have a wifi 6 booster and wifi 6e booster with a 5g and 2,5g port. If you hardwire ethernet and connect boosters over moca, it brings u back to moca 2.0 whereas my boost 6s had 2.5. So in the latest hardware you get a max of 1g up regardless of your plan. If you have a 3gbps plan and hardwire u get better speeds on the boost 6 as long as no boost 6e devices are connected. If u use the mini which uses the 2.5g port on the boost u can get 1.7 down and 1.8 up with a ping around 7ms. As of my post TELUS is seriously lacking in hardware. Other devices like iphone 15 and older z690 board get around 1g up and down on this standard so if u dont have the devices save the extra 10a month til more suitable hardware is launched 

Kent2
Advisor

Wifi 6 seems to be available based on history. First some background. There are three functions that the Telus hardware provides: a modem, router and WiFi access point. The modem converts the DSL or fibre to Ethernet (crudely speaking), the router provides the internet address for the nodes in the local area network. The WiFi access point provides the WiFi service and is where the WiFi 6 comes in. With the DSL one device provides all three functions and is either the T3200m or the white hub. Nether provides WiFi 6. With fibre, as in my case, an ONT (modem) was put between the fibre and the T3200m which was left in place when upgrade to fibre. Depending on the mood of the Telus representative talked to it may be possible to upgrade to the white hub (different answers when talking to different Telus reps). I also have a POTS line which may restrict options. On (some) new fibre installs the modem (ONT) and router are combined in one device and the WiFi access point is a separate device which provides Wifi 6. My daughter has this and it works very well. Strong WiFi and good data rates. It is not clear if this later service is comparable with POTS service. Conclusion if your modem and router are one device and your WiFi access point is a different device you can get WiFi 6. Otherwise not.
I bought a WiFi 6 router to act as a WiFi access point and it gives much better speed than the T3200m.