cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi keeps dropping on all handheld devices

rsayle
Just Moved In

We have 2 iPhones and two ipads and the WiFi connection keeps dropping. The solution has been to turn off wifi and then back on. This is good for short periods.

Using the PC last week and the wifi kept dropping there too.

I'm sure we need a new modem. Do I have to wait for an hour to talk to a techie?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @rsayle ,

I totally understand the frustration you are experiencing with WiFi dropping. I have experienced this in the past too.

To answer your question, yes, you would need to speak with Home Service Technical Support so they can complete some troubleshooting steps first to deem if the device is the root cause of the issue, and if its a hardware or software issue. The good news is the wait times are not as long lately.

You have already rebooted your modem which is great. Before you call, you can try to factory reset/restore your modem which will likely fix the issue (it did for me), and is something technical support will request you to complete anyways before replacing the modem. 

I am not sure which modem you have, so I have listed a few helpful links that include detailed instructions on how to factory reset/restore your modem. There is a sticker on your modem which should display the Model / Make which will match one of the options below.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @rsayle ,

I totally understand the frustration you are experiencing with WiFi dropping. I have experienced this in the past too.

To answer your question, yes, you would need to speak with Home Service Technical Support so they can complete some troubleshooting steps first to deem if the device is the root cause of the issue, and if its a hardware or software issue. The good news is the wait times are not as long lately.

You have already rebooted your modem which is great. Before you call, you can try to factory reset/restore your modem which will likely fix the issue (it did for me), and is something technical support will request you to complete anyways before replacing the modem. 

I am not sure which modem you have, so I have listed a few helpful links that include detailed instructions on how to factory reset/restore your modem. There is a sticker on your modem which should display the Model / Make which will match one of the options below.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].