cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is Telus going to fix the Google email issues?

buttercup
Organizer

This is going on too long.  When is Telus going to fix the Google email problems?  I've read every post on the forums, tried all the 'fixes', nothing works.  This is a Telus problem that THEY need to fix.  I've been with Telus for 30+ years and they've always been good to me but this email/Google problem is making me look elsewhere for service.

Can't access Google maps, services, etc, either Telus fixes this or Google does but it's got to get fixed soon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus did not purchase the full suite of Google services when they switched their email host. If you want the other Google services (Maps, Drive, Photos, etc.) you will need a Google account.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

polecat
All-Star

@buttercup  I agree nothing but complications with various programs  maps and the list gets long.  To change mail platform is not easy to do banking and mail contacts is a real pain. And there will be things missed and hard to correct. A very bad $ choice by upper level telus employees no thinking properly by them.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

In case you haven't see this it may help:

Google Maps - How to solve Organization Administra... - TELUS Neighbourhood

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Tried that, doesn't work.  This is a Telus email issue with Google.  Telus needs to fix that, not the many people who are now having problems because of Telus.

@FuzzyLogic  I have tried approx 6-7 times myself a friend also tried for me. A couple of times with telus tech they put their hands in the air couldn't get it to work . I have a work around i will live with it must be a conflict in my laptop. Will leave it alone. With the telus tech the laptop went squirrely hell of a time to settle it down. Polecat

andrew_b
Friendly Neighbour

Sorry FL but that solution gives most of us a "Couldn't find" account error

andrew_b_0-1672857347112.png

A workaround is provide by NightHawk here 

forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Can-t-access-Google-Maps-any-more/m-p/117679 

andrew_b_1-1672857560312.png

Note this is a workaround which does work assuming you have an old gmail account.
Oddly it does not solve the issues with accessing Maps from "Your Profiles" in the account settings.
I created a new post with this issue here https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Help-with-Google-Maps-in-quot-Your-Profiles-quot/td-p... 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus did not purchase the full suite of Google services when they switched their email host. If you want the other Google services (Maps, Drive, Photos, etc.) you will need a Google account.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Dimo-X

Sounds annoying for sure, but if the thread Fuzzylogic mentioned didn't help it doesn't seem like there would be any other course of action other than trying to connect with the Tech Support dept in this case.