What is the maximum number of boost devices that can be used?

Highlighted
Connector

I have 5 Telus Boost devices on my WiFi network and I was wondering what the maximum supported number is?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

I believe the maximum is somewhere up around 72 Boost WiFi pods connected to a single network. It's an absurd amount for any residential set up. The most I've seen or heard of was somewhere around 30-40 or so that were connected together to provide fibre fed gigabit WiFi to the firefighter camps in High Level during the big fire there earlier this summer.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

I believe the maximum is somewhere up around 72 Boost WiFi pods connected to a single network. It's an absurd amount for any residential set up. The most I've seen or heard of was somewhere around 30-40 or so that were connected together to provide fibre fed gigabit WiFi to the firefighter camps in High Level during the big fire there earlier this summer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Connector

Thanks.  

I was also wondering about the best distance between pods.  The Telus site indicates a maximum of 12m/40 feet.  Currently I have a distance of about 6m / 20 feet maximum but I am wondering if I need a few more pods to shore things up.  My house has a lot of legacy audio wires (from the original owner) that are likely causing interference.  What do you think?

Highlighted
Ambassador

I guess it would depend on the size of the house and if you're seeing any WiFi dead spots where speeds start to tank. 3-4 pods is normally enough for a multi-floor home. The best option is to have them all hard wired via cat5 if possible but you can wireless tether a ton of them too. It just adds a little latency and speeds wouldn't be as great as hard wired.