Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird game connection and timeout issue



Hello Everyone,

I'm facing a rather unusual game connection challenge, and I'm hoping some of you might have insights or suggestions.

For several years, I've enjoyed playing Honkai Impact 3rd (Chinese version mod edit - URL removed). Everything was smooth until about 2.5 weeks ago when I suddenly couldn't connect to the game's server. I initially chalked it up to a temporary server or network hiccup.

Despite multiple troubleshooting attempts - from testing on both my PC and mobile phone, using ethernet, Wi-Fi, resetting switches and modems, connecting my PC directly to the modem, implementing a VPN, turning on IPv6 for the modem, and even acquiring a new public IP from Telus - my connection woes on the Telus internet persisted.

On the flip side, leveraging a FIDO phone hotspot, both my PC and mobile phone were able to access the game without any hitches. Additionally, the North American variant of Honkai Impact 3rd (mod edit - URL removed) had zero issues on either network.

While delving deeper into this "network issue," I noticed I could download updates, but couldn't reach the login page - hinting at potential authentication server complications. As a workaround, I tried logging in using the FIDO network first, and then transitioning to Telus. Regrettably, this approach led to a timeout.

Considering that all my other online activities run seamlessly and that the game operates perfectly on alternative internet sources, I'm led to believe that there might be an inexplicable compatibility issue between the Chinese version of Honkai Impact 3rd and Telus internet. This situation is rather baffling. Any ideas or experiences you can share?


Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. Nothing that I can think of, and if our Tech Support team can't assist, your best bet may be to reach out to the game dev for more help.


On the evening of November 5, 2023, I gave the game another shot using Telus and, to my surprise, everything functioned perfectly. It appears the issue resolved itself spontaneously after three weeks. Such an odd occurrence.