cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail managed by Google is awful

gem_ebg
Neighbour

Ever since Telus forced us to put our 2 Telus domain email accounts onto Google/Gmail it's a big pain managing our Telus email. Google is constantly bugging us about multiple Gmail identities, logging us out of our accounts, etc. We both already had a gmail account before this and are not interested in amalgamating those accounts with the Telus email account. Google keep sending us messages about this on our computer and logging us out of our different Telus accounts/we have to log back in. 

We've also had an issue with Google hiding important email from sources like our building management company in a spam folder where we don't see the messages. I just went through a long procedure trying to find ways to stop them doing that, and I'm trying setting up filters blocking this behaviour. I had already previously marked these messages as "not spam" but that didn't work. This didn't used to happen when we accessed webmail on the Telus domain directly. 

As far as I'm concerned what Telus did by outsourcing customer email was unilaterally change/downgrade a service that they were contracted to give their internet customers, without consultation and without recourse. 

6 REPLIES 6

Fisherguy
Ambassador

Who is US and WE?  

My wife and I both had our own Telus email accounts and now both have the new sperate Telus GMail accounts.  There's no reason for 2 people to be 'amalgamating' their email accounts.

rc
Rockstar

If you are using Chrome as your browser you may want to use multiple Chrome profiles to access your multiple email domains. I have two  profiles, each with a separate icon on my desktop and have none of the problems you identified.

Thanks for your suggestion. Those nagging Google pop-up messages about "One account for Google, everywhere" have disappeared for now on both my Chrome browser and my husband's Edge browser. We are stuck with multiple profiles strictly because of Telus outsourcing the email to Google.

We manage our joint Telus and my personal Telus email accounts in our browsers and we haven't stopped getting logged out of those periodically and having to log back into them. We both had active Google accounts before Telus made this switch and those accounts have nothing to do with our Telus email.

We manage our stuff in our separate browsers with pinned tabs that are restored any time the browser re-opens.

Re separate Chrome profiles, this doesn't sound like something I want to do, i.e., "Each profile keeps its information separate, such as tabs, sessions, bookmarks, history, homepage, and saved passwords." 
I don't think my husband wants to keep everything separate  for his Edge access to Telus mailbox, either.

Have you considered using an email program for one or all your email addresses.

Thank you for your suggestion. We did use Outlook for our Telus mailboxes for a long time, till we both started accessing email from away from home/on our phones a lot of the time. I find Outlook on the phone just not as convenient and a bit of a space hog. It's interesting as the Outlook Calendar and other mail features were one of the reasons I kept buying Microsoft Office for years but now I suppose I mainly get value from Excel spreadsheets, Word and sometimes Publisher. 

Fisherguy
Ambassador

You shouldn't need separate chrome profiles.  I use 3 Gmail accounts plus my telus account, once I'm signed in to one of them I can switch to one of the others simply by clicking my profile at top right of screen, doing so gives me this:
multiple .jpg