cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water is flooding through Telus conduit which cable into house

Riverbend9
Neighbour
Found out this afternoon water is pouring from Telus cable pipe, which connects to wire box to the house. No issues of other utilities conduits right beside outside the house.

Telus digged and buried the fiber underground to the house several years ago. No any ground works around the neighborhood recently. The next house besides has the water leaking from Telus pipe as well.

Contacted with Telus. They can send tech for $150, but said they are not trained to fix water leak.

Wondering if anyone has experience with the similar issues.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The conduit is open at both ends. If the end in your house is lower than that at the street, and the water table is high enough, you can get you could get water at your house. You could get some plumbers putty at the hardware store, and plug the end of the pipe.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The conduit is open at both ends. If the end in your house is lower than that at the street, and the water table is high enough, you can get you could get water at your house. You could get some plumbers putty at the hardware store, and plug the end of the pipe.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Utility of Water company checked and found it was not main water leak (tested), and Telus cable is not on the water line. The leak was stopped after several hours from fountain like pouring. The end of pipe is above ground, but my neighborhood is on a hill. I thought the same the floor was from upper houses.

I will talk with Telus about issue again. If they don't offer a solution, I will cap the end side conduit or ask remove Telus cable (if cost is not high).

Thanks!

polecat
All-Star

@Riverbend9  Most of western Canada is in a drought. Yes the pipes will fill with water cables are good for direct burial. Search your yard for an unusual green area in lawn you might find it. Call town city and they should come and check for a leak. May end up in your basement.

The city tested sump pump water. It's not tap water after testing (not turning pink). The main water is on the grass, other side of Telus line. The leak has stopped several hours after rain. It's Telus didn't bury 5G fiber cable property, and they can said it's a by- product to use their service to have a bonus flooding.