cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to keep Telus email address after canceling Telus service

DigDug
Just Moved In

Can i keep my telus email after cancelling internet?  If so is there a cost? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Nighthawk it is still being offered. There's a charge so TELUS can pay Google to run the email through Google. Also, unlike "free" personal Gmail accounts which are supported by advertisements, TELUS email powered by Google does not display Google ads on the side bar or within the email inbox. In addition, TELUS Managed Google Accounts are governed by the TELUS privacy policy, which prevents Google from scanning all your emails, calendar, contacts, etc to deliver more targeted ads (as is done with "free" Personal Google Accounts). 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

DrPacman
Rockstar

@DigDug Wrote: Can i keep my telus email after cancelling internet? 

I don't believe this may be possible unfortunately. One of the reasons that I have always had an external mail service allowing me to switch between internet providers without interruption to any of my email services... Cheers...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus has said in the past one could take their email address with them. I believe at that time the cost was $10/month. Now that the service is managed on Google's servers, it should be even simpler for the change to occur.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Hero

As far as I know TELUS does not provide email as a stand-alone product, at least not for the telus.net domain.

Robert9
Organizer

@DigDug Yes you can keep your telus.net email as stand alone service for $7/month. If your service is copper don't forget to inform the agent that you are keeping your email so they can cease and recover your email the same day before cancelling your High Speed. If you are a PureFibre customer you just need to advised the agent to keep your email since it's already provided as a stand alone service and you will automatically be billed $7 the billing cycle.

@Robert9 I didn't know that. Is there a web page with that info on the TELUS site that people can find?

@xray I did not find any article about that in TELUS Support page but that is possible. I will submit a recommendation to get that information added to the TELUS email Powered by Google support page.

@xray found an old discussion about it before, here.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that from before Telus switched email providers to Google? I haven't heard of them offering the $7/month since that change.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@Nighthawk it is still being offered. There's a charge so TELUS can pay Google to run the email through Google. Also, unlike "free" personal Gmail accounts which are supported by advertisements, TELUS email powered by Google does not display Google ads on the side bar or within the email inbox. In addition, TELUS Managed Google Accounts are governed by the TELUS privacy policy, which prevents Google from scanning all your emails, calendar, contacts, etc to deliver more targeted ads (as is done with "free" Personal Google Accounts).