cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Internet

randoe_joe
Just Moved In

I am currently using Internet 15, and I'm pretty sure I'm the commitment period.

• If I upgrade to Internet 150/150, will I get charged for breaking the commitment?
  • Will I need a technician to come in if I already have a modem (T3200)?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

150/150 is fibre. If you are not on fibre currently, yes you will need a tech to install the fibre and related hardware. The first thing you'll need to do is determine if fibre is available in your area. If it is, contact Telus.

If by "commitment period" you are referring to a contract for your 15mbps service, there's the possibility that you will be able to upgrade without penalty but you'll need to talk to the sales department first to confirm. You may end up with a new contract though.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

150/150 is fibre. If you are not on fibre currently, yes you will need a tech to install the fibre and related hardware. The first thing you'll need to do is determine if fibre is available in your area. If it is, contact Telus.

If by "commitment period" you are referring to a contract for your 15mbps service, there's the possibility that you will be able to upgrade without penalty but you'll need to talk to the sales department first to confirm. You may end up with a new contract though.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂