cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded but no speed increase

jlijli
Organizer

Hello, I just upgraded my internet from 25 to 250 and I ran a speed test before/after the upgrade. It's been over 24 hours since the upgrade and the speed has not increased at all. I already rebooted my modem. Is there anything I can try on my side before calling tech support? I have a T3200M modem. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. Are you seeing the same slower speed over Wi-Fi or even with hardwired devices?

Thanks I just tried ethernet and it's a lot faster. 31 for wifi and 260 for hardwired.
What can I do to bring up the wifi speed?
Thanks again.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You will have to reach out to Telus to see if the modem was properly provisioned.. Fastest way to contact them is via X formerly Twitter.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wi-Fi can definitely be impacted by a number of things such as interference from other nearby signals, distance from device to router, etc. We have a support page HERE that has tips or as was mentioned, you can reach out to us at our social media channels or get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can connect through the network and run some troubleshooting!

jlijli
Organizer

Thanks for the suggestions.
When I ran a speedtest on my 5g wifi network, the speed did go up to 200+ mbps, but when I ran a speedtest on my 2g wifi, it's below 40 mbps. I understand that 2g is slower than 5 g, but the difference (40 vs 200+ mbps) is too big. Telus tech support already did some resetting?? etc. on their side.
I only have one device connected to 2g and one to 5g, and they are both within 4 meters of the modem and fibre optic box, no wall in between. Is there something else I can try before asking a technician to come in?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you had our Tech Support team connect and troubleshoot from their end to no avail, a home visit from one of our technicians may indeed be in order!