cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to port forward, but I think Telus is blocking the ports

Jaybor
Just Moved In

I want to host a server on teamspeak3, but this requires some port forwarding to work.

The below site link says they're not open when I tested.

https://www.portcheckers.com/

EDIT: I went to get into port through cmdprompt telnet, with command 'o port <port number>'. It couldn't open the port. I hope Telus isn't simply blocking all port forwarding. 

If they are, then I'd (politely) ask why?  

5 REPLIES 5

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Jaybor Wrote:  I hope Telus isn't simply blocking all port forwarding. 

No Telus is not blocking all port forwarding, however, they do block some ports on residential internet connections. See this thread for more info.

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

From what I've seen Teamspeak3 doesn't use any ports that would be blocked by Telus.

Assuming you have an T3200M this article may be helpful in configuring port forwarding:

Opening Ports in a Actiontec T3200M Router (portforward.com)

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

xray
Hero

You haven't given any details about how you set up your forwarding so it's hard to say why it's not working.

Are you testing the port with telnet from inside or outside your home network?

Delzers
Just Moved In

I am having a similar problem. I run a MC server, and I had everything working. I recently had an "upgrade" to wifi boost with a new router and now only some can connect to my server. So far only other Telus customers and Mobile connections can reach the server (tested as telus and Freedom mobile hotspotting). But Shaw residential accounts cannot. First level tech support was able to help. But if they are blocking ports, they are also blocking ip's. Very frustrating.  I have another server that runs on the Steam platform and that one has no problem. Both are running off the same hardware so I know it's not my settings.

Addendum, Telus first level support WASN'T able to help.