cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find out if I can get Fibre and how.

DenisN
Just Moved In

I'm with another ISP right now.  But I'd like true Fibre.  My understanding is that there is fibre in my area, but not connected to my building.
So I'm trying to find out what exactly Telus needs in order to make that happen. what kind of areas would the technician need access to, would they need to do anything in my suite that a self-install can't get done, etc.  This will allow me to make arrangements in advance to ensure they can do what they need to do.

What else...  Would the initial connection to the building be covered under an installation?

And I suppose I'll also find out if need to wait for current restrictions to be eased before I go ahead with this.

Thank you for reading my questions (and hopefully answering) have an awesome day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

polecat
All-Star

@DenisN  At the moment telus tech will not enter any buildings. You say fiber in area but not to your building. There must be internet in the building cable company? or just land lines. Maybe the building owner doesn't want it in the building (cost). Contact he owner and also telus to answer some of your questions.  If this is a large complex it will be a hard one for you. Telus will tell you how multi unit buildings are serviced. Polecat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

polecat
All-Star

@DenisN  At the moment telus tech will not enter any buildings. You say fiber in area but not to your building. There must be internet in the building cable company? or just land lines. Maybe the building owner doesn't want it in the building (cost). Contact he owner and also telus to answer some of your questions.  If this is a large complex it will be a hard one for you. Telus will tell you how multi unit buildings are serviced. Polecat

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'll echo @polecat and state the first step is to speak with your landlord / condo association. Building management will need to be involved before you can have changes to the building and then your suite.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"