cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try to replace Nokia g-010s-a

Ming
Organizer

Hi Community,

I tried to replace the Nokia G-010s-a with a 10G support SFP+ module. I found most 10G SFP+ modules come with 2 ports and only some SFP+ modules have 1 port. So I try some of them. The port size does not match.

Is there a difference between that PureFirbre cable? like CAT5e VS CAT6. If so, what type of PureFibre cable is Telus using?

What is the model of the connector (the green color part)?

Thanks,

2022_12_18_12_55_IMG_1413.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Ming Wrote: I tried to replace the Nokia G-010s-a

Ming, 

I believe that the ability to replace your Nokia G-010s-a module that was supplied from Telus is not possible. A number of factors will present a problem. First, the fact the Telus supplied module has a unique Mac address/Serial Number that has been logged with a Telus database. So changing that module for another I believe is not possible.

The connector you are inquiring about I believe is a SC/APC to SC/APC (As I can't see your attached image). This is the standard cable interface connection that Telus utilizes.

Now i don't want to sound, or imply any negativity, however, as I understand it, your system is working at full capacity of your 1.5Gbps download speed, and the 940Mbps up load speed offered by Telus. precisely what are you trying to accomplish here?

It seems to me that not only are you receiving the advertised throughput, you also seem to have a very stable system. Correct me please if I'm mistaken. 

I'm not sure that you may see better results, that what you currently have at 100% of what a consumer might expect...

Cheers...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Ming Wrote: I tried to replace the Nokia G-010s-a

Ming, 

I believe that the ability to replace your Nokia G-010s-a module that was supplied from Telus is not possible. A number of factors will present a problem. First, the fact the Telus supplied module has a unique Mac address/Serial Number that has been logged with a Telus database. So changing that module for another I believe is not possible.

The connector you are inquiring about I believe is a SC/APC to SC/APC (As I can't see your attached image). This is the standard cable interface connection that Telus utilizes.

Now i don't want to sound, or imply any negativity, however, as I understand it, your system is working at full capacity of your 1.5Gbps download speed, and the 940Mbps up load speed offered by Telus. precisely what are you trying to accomplish here?

It seems to me that not only are you receiving the advertised throughput, you also seem to have a very stable system. Correct me please if I'm mistaken. 

I'm not sure that you may see better results, that what you currently have at 100% of what a consumer might expect...

Cheers...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Thank you DrPacman,

I want to learn PureFibre and the corresponding tech. Trying to play around with the next level of Networking and learn more about PureFibre. I really appreciate your time and professionalism. 

@Ming Wrote: I want to learn PureFibre and the corresponding tech. 

YouTube University is chocked full of really worthwhile channels that have great network content.

I have seen a couple that have really in-depth courses (9 Hour+) Computer networking, and a few dedicated sessions directly related to Fiber Optic. Well worth the search time on YouTube... Cheers...