cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Wi-Fi Hub and Apple Homekit

giantbrownguy
Rockstar
Hi gang,

I upgraded my service to gigabit a while ago and got the Wifi Hub modem (the new white one) along with it. It’s in my garage but I’m finding, since getting the modem, my HomeKit devices (door lock and garage door opener - both within 25 feet of the hub) are slower to respond and show their status. Has anyone seen anything similar and/or have an idea on how to resolve?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Move the hub closer?!?

The garage would not be my choice of location for the centre of my wireless network!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

It’s actually as close as anything could get. I have two boost units in my house that are connected via Ethernet. Hence my confusion. The only difference is on the T3200 I didn’t like the wireless performance so I turned off the modem’s wireless and only used the boosts. Once I switch to the Hub, performance dropped.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Wi-Fi is turned on at the Hub?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Hey got a question
I am actually buying some smart switches
Assuming since most smart devices connect on 2.4 ghz, were u able to send command to them when your phone was connected to the boost wifi
Thanks

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Aryan , you've already posted twice that you have a T3200 and not the Telus Wifi Hub. They are definitely different devices, especially how wireless frequencies are set. The T3200 is more beneficial if you need 2.4 specifically. You were also referred to check with the device manufacter as to their support for control over multiple SSIDs, their third party app and HomeKit.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂