cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Wi-Fi Boost on Ethernet Switch?

TelusUser487
Neighbour

Can the Telus Wi-Fi boost be used on an Ethernet switch?   

So basically the switch is connected to the T3200M, and then a bunch of devices like my Smart TV are connected to the switch, as well as the Wi-Fi boost? I want to have a wired backhaul option for the Boost to ensure a faster connection but since it doesn't have an Ethernet out port, the only option is to use a switch.   

Will using it on a switch cause any issues or slow it down opposed to plugging it directly into the T3200M? I am aware it can be used wirelessly but I do not want that. I plan to upgrade to a 1GB connection so I want the full speed available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JJR
Coach

Yes it works just fine connected to a switch.  I have mine connected that way - and even on a different network than the T3200M (I just use the T3200M for OptikTV and have a different network for the rest of my devices).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JJR
Coach

Yes it works just fine connected to a switch.  I have mine connected that way - and even on a different network than the T3200M (I just use the T3200M for OptikTV and have a different network for the rest of my devices).