cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Hub (Arcadyan) remote access/management

dave_z
Just Moved In

Hello,

I'm trying to access my Telus WiFi Hub (Arcadyan router) remotely with port forwarding. I can see that there is a router IP and a gateway IP. When I enter the router IP locally it goes to 192.168.1.254 (gateway IP) and shows the admin page, which is fine! When I try to access the router remotely with port forwarding it still tries to go to the gateway IP, like literally the gateway IP (192.168.1.254) which doesn't open the admin page since I'm trying to access remotely and 192.168.1.254 is only for local access. The gateway IP cannot be forwarded, when I try to do that I get the error "The IP Address of Client and Router's LAN are the same".

Anyone has any ideas or experience with accessing the Telus WiFi Hub admin page remotely?

Much appreciated 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As far as I know remote access to the router admin pages is blocked in firmware. The only way around it that I can think of is if you can remotely access one of the PCs on your network and log in that way. 

Is there a reason that you need to remotely access the settings? Normally once they're configured the first time, it's rare to ever need to log in to change settings afterwards. Many settings are under the Telus My Wi-Fi app now also, which can be used remotely.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As far as I know remote access to the router admin pages is blocked in firmware. The only way around it that I can think of is if you can remotely access one of the PCs on your network and log in that way. 

Is there a reason that you need to remotely access the settings? Normally once they're configured the first time, it's rare to ever need to log in to change settings afterwards. Many settings are under the Telus My Wi-Fi app now also, which can be used remotely.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂