cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus 150 Plan but only 75 possible

nightmover123
Neighbour

Hi everyone,

We signed up for the Telus 150 Internet plan, however when the technician arrived, he mentioned our maximum possible speed is only 75 (due to the wiring or something).

Is there anything I can ask for from Telus to get the 150 speed? I'm noticing that it's impacting my work quite severely due to the connection constantly cutting in and out.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sounds like you're on a copper infrastructure. Typically, they can bond the service two lines combined to garner the speed needed. But all depends on the infrastructure that is available. 75 may be the MAX they can provide unfortunately due to equipment limitations of the area being served. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sounds like you're on a copper infrastructure. Typically, they can bond the service two lines combined to garner the speed needed. But all depends on the infrastructure that is available. 75 may be the MAX they can provide unfortunately due to equipment limitations of the area being served. 

Thank you! The technician did mention there's only one cable so he couldn't bond anything so it may just be a limitation of my building then.

That happened with me, most apartment buildings only have 1 line per unit