cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor NH20T

Microfiche62
Organizer

I switched from Shaw to Telus PureFibre a little while back and had a Technicolor NH20T installed. As I already had a TP-Link Deco XE75 mesh system set up, it was easier to just put the NH20T in bridge mode, so that was the only hardware I received. The ethernet from the NH20T runs directly into my XE75 wireless router.
At the time, the installer gave me an IP address and username to access the Technicolor NH20T portal and said to hang onto it but I seem to have misplaced it.🙄 How would I get that information now?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I didn't think you will be able to reach the NH20T from your LAN if it's in bridge mode. I'm not familiar with that device but if bridge mode works on specific ports then you should try connecting to the other ports instead.

View solution in original post

Microfiche62
Organizer

Never mind, just figured out that the NH20T comes apart in TWO sections.

If you pull the sides of the unit, one part is exposed that has zero information on login, but if I open from the BOTTOM, then a cover comes off and voila, login info! Haven't tried yet, but assume it is correct.

Figured this out from here - https://www.reddit.com/r/telus/comments/u5v8rv/comment/ilw4z9j/

https://imgur.com/a/A2CmzY7

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Cool, weird that the search didn't show that thread...

Please let us know if the thread help. I won't be able to reply though. I'm off the office LOL

Ah - I know why the search didn't find it - that is the NH20A not the NH20T

Mine looks slightly different and has no markings with any useful info on it - unless it is on the back of the unit, I didn't try unscrewing it from the wall.

It doesn't show any default IP or anything.

I have tried connecting to and pinging 192.168.1.254, but nothing.

I didn't think you will be able to reach the NH20T from your LAN if it's in bridge mode. I'm not familiar with that device but if bridge mode works on specific ports then you should try connecting to the other ports instead.

Mani2024
Friendly Neighbour

New TELUS install and I have the Technicolor NH20T. I have asked TELUS to help me enabled bridge mode but they are telling me it is not possible. The new firmware doesn't allow this due to security reasons. Anyone else know about this? I want to use my router/setup as I have many things configured all I need to bridge mode enabled. 

Mani2024
Friendly Neighbour

New TELUS install and I have the Technicolor NH20T. I have asked TELUS to help me enabled bridge mode but they are telling me it is not possible. The new firmware doesn't allow this due to security reasons. Anyone else know about this? I want to use my own router/setup as I have many things configured all I need to bridge mode enabled. 

Awesome. Wonder if my firmware will get updated automatically and screw up my whole install. Painful.

Were you able to access the settings to be able to see the bridge mode enabled. Also what firmware does your box shows? Maybe I can ask TELUS to push that firmware  as I have the same hardware. I am sure they will tell me its not allowed. 

No, I gave up when it became clear how dumbed down the interface was. I will upgrade my Deco routers to multigig ethernet interfaces when the price comes down a bit.

Mani2024
Friendly Neighbour

Found my solution after digging into the each menu. Bridge mode shows up in broadband menu. Hope this helps anyone else looking into this. As we all know TELUS support is providing incorrect info. I am able to use my router after enabling the this. All other ports on the NH20T (Ports 1 to 4) are acting as normal router ports only 10G port is acting as bridging mode. I guess you can get best of both worlds in this case. 

Mani2024_1-1714602982105.png

Mani2024_0-1714602950577.png

Hey, quick question @Mani2024...

I have the NH20A and am able to get into bridged mode on the 10G line no problem.  Setting was hiding also 🙂

You don't have any issues with blocked port #s for traffic coming in?  Bridged to my Pfsense router still does not allow a variety of connections to my homelab.  Straight swap from Shaw to Telus bridged, so I am confident my settings are good since they didn't change.  Curious if you have the same experience, or something else I need to do.  Thanks!

Mani2024
Friendly Neighbour
No problems for me. I didn’t have to make any changes to my router. All my ports that are opened are working fine. Sometimes we get too deep into troubleshooting just make sure the basics are checked (like rebooting both sides etc.).

Microfiche62
Organizer

So I finally got around to getting a USB network adapter and plugged it into one of the gigabit ports of the NH20T.

If I leave DHCP on, I get an IP and have internet access.

If I set a static IP of 192.168.1.50, I can go to 192.168.1.254 and get to the login screen.

The unit does NOT have any login credentials on it, unless they are on the back of the unit where it is mounted to the wall? admin and password doesn't work - I think those were defaults for the NH20A

What credentials did you use @Mani2024 or @mikejf ?

Microfiche62
Organizer

Never mind, just figured out that the NH20T comes apart in TWO sections.

If you pull the sides of the unit, one part is exposed that has zero information on login, but if I open from the BOTTOM, then a cover comes off and voila, login info! Haven't tried yet, but assume it is correct.

Figured this out from here - https://www.reddit.com/r/telus/comments/u5v8rv/comment/ilw4z9j/

https://imgur.com/a/A2CmzY7