cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed test.

Pitchblack
Friendly Neighbour

I did a speed test on my network.  Wirelessly my laptop says Download: 610.58 Mbps
Upload: 480.76 Mbps
Ping: 1 MS
Is this a normal result for a home network connection?  I know that doing an ethernet connection would be best but sometimes having it wireless is convenient. I have the 1024 Mbps download plan.

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That's good for wireless. That's roughly what I get using wifi 6 when line of sight to the router.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

WiFi is almost always slower due to the technology involved. Have you checked while Ethernet connected?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Pitchblack
Friendly Neighbour

Yes, I checked using ethernet and it's much more faster.  Just using wireless since having so many cords it's not so manageable.  I was just curious as to the speed and I do have speedtest app.  

tedfroop
Helpful Neighbour

One thing to always factor in in all network connections is something called Overhead.  

It's housekeeping packets and depending on how clean your WiFi signal is, repeated malformed or damaged packets.  It can be 30% of your connection speed.  Meaning if you get a data rate 70% of whats rated - your good.