cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Test from T3200m shows 350/250, suppsed to be 940/940

Ray77
Just Moved In

How can I have Gigabit speed back?

I've made 3 times' calls to tech support.

Just hour ago, I made another call and the agent kept saying  400(D)/300(U) seems right since the speed test took place from wireless device like my laptop/cellphone. But, he didn't seem to understand the fact that I logged into my Telus T3200m and did Speed Test from inside of the router.

I even asked him to escalate to senior technician then he hung up the phone. Yes, I argued with him about his solution where he kept saying "Smart Wifi" setting has to be on.

Now, I don't know it is good idea to call Tech support again and beg to fix or call Billing department for credit since I don't utilize Gigabit internet.

What is good approach to deal with this situation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Speeds over wireless are never guaranteed. Too many variables that can affect it.

Ignore the speedtest in the admin section of the T3200. It's broken. I get 362/273 from the T3200 speed test but 944/948 from speedtest.net when on a hardwired computer. What do you get if you run a speed test from a hardwired computer?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Speeds over wireless are never guaranteed. Too many variables that can affect it.

Ignore the speedtest in the admin section of the T3200. It's broken. I get 362/273 from the T3200 speed test but 944/948 from speedtest.net when on a hardwired computer. What do you get if you run a speed test from a hardwired computer?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks Nighthawk for your answer.

You're right. The result from T3200m and SpeedTest.net (wired) shows totally different output.

Mine is 928/849 which is very good for my usage.

I owe big apologies to 3rd Telus technician who tried to help me several hours ago.

And thanks Nighthawk and big thanks to 2 previous Telus technicians who spent hours trying to fix it.