cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I upgrade new wifi 6 router to replace telus wifi hub to have wifi 6

Jlam18grandpa
Neighbour

I want to have wifi 6 in my home, I just upgraded to the Fibre Gigabit internet plan but Telus is not provided wifi 6 AP.

If I replace Telus wifi hub with new Dlink Dir-LX1870 wifi 6 do I get wifi 6 in my home?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Do you subscribe to Optik TV? If so, you will likely need to keep the Telus router for Wi-Fi connected TV. Otherwise, yes you can use a different router, but Telus can’t offer troubleshooting support.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Do you subscribe to Optik TV? If so, you will likely need to keep the Telus router for Wi-Fi connected TV. Otherwise, yes you can use a different router, but Telus can’t offer troubleshooting support.

NFtoBC

Thanks for your support. I do not subscribe to Optik TV, just internet and home phone. Am I going to have wifi 6 from the new router? Thank you kindly.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It depends on the equipment Telus supplies for your installation. They have been rolling out a Wi-FI 6 device in some, but not all, markets.

NFtoBC

Does anyone know if the new wifi 6 hardware us available in Vancouver bc market yet?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! Your best bet would be to reach out to our team at 1-888-811-2323 so they can look into eligibility.

Hello Telus,

Finally, I got a response from Telus. It's been a long time. I'll try let see what Telus could help since my account with Telus for more than two decades.

Best Regards,
Johnny Lam
Edo Japan Foothills

This email, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited. Please notify the sender and delete this email from your system if you have received this email in error. Thank you for your cooperation.

On Monday, May 30, 2022, 07:15:15 a.m. MDT, TELUS Neighbourhood <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Jlam18grandpa,

A-B (Community Manager) posted a new reply in Internet & Home Phone on 05-30-2022 06:15 AM:

Re: Should I upgrade new wifi 6 router to replace telus wifi hub to have wifi 6

Hey! Your best bet would be to reach out to our team at 1-888-811-2323 so they can look into eligibility.

Reply | Give Kudos

TELUS Neighbourhood sent this message to [email protected].
You are receiving this email because a new message matches your subscription to a topic.

If you do not want to receive notification for this message, unsubscribe the topic or mute the message.
To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription & notification settings or unsubscribe.