cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pure fibre install

Pam-MB
Advocate

I have pure fibre installed,but cable is just lying on the floor and the Telus installer says he won't come back to finish unless I pay him $ 150.00.I am tired of talking to a computer.May have to change service if this keeps up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pam-MB
Advocate

Did it myself,unhooked the wires,pushed the wire through the wall and hooked the wire back up again.Big deal,5 minutes work and can I bill Telus $ 150.00 for doing their installers work. 😁😀

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Pam-MB Wrote: cable is just lying on the floor

You might want to photograph the installation for your records, as well as having the ability to forward same to Telus to support you concerns. 

After that I would suggest you contact Telus, and have your concerns addressed. you may want to start with the following...

I'd start with the chat function, and if that doesn't work, the following number and departments should be able to assist, Technical Support: 1-888-811-2323, Account, billing & sales support: same number: 1-888-811-2323. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

I have already done all your suggestions.

polecat
All-Star

@Pam-MB  At one time telus did inside wire install. Not anymore past demarcation box on out side wall inside wiring is yours have installed. All new homes are wired by an electrican. Telus installer will not enter crawl spaces or aticks nor wiil they cut gryprock to hide the wire that is up to you. They will do it for a price but so will an electrican. If you have a trouble call and at the demarcation they find the trouble is in your wiring (people move things) it is up to you to fix it.

The new box is on the outside wall and directly inside that same wall is the rest of the new equipment,so the wire does not need to be laying on the floor / stairwell to go from outside box to inside box.I have a hole in the wall for the wire to go through.

@Pam-MB  Why didn't have the teck use the hole someone had to be at home during install

Yes,we were home,but the Telus installer said he would come back to put the cable through the hole.but now he wants me to pay him to come back even though he said Telus was paying for the new pure fibre install.It seems that Telus hires shady install people.It doesn't help that the guy could hardly talk english,so probably some problem with understanding each other.

@Pam-MB  I didn't know Telus was hiring installers that teck is trying to scam you did he leave a card. where we are only telus employees. Good luck ???????

I assume they are mostly contractors doing Telus work as Telus has been putting in all new cable/fibre lines through the neighbourhoods and into our houses,but they don't seem to do the work correctly.

Pam-MB
Advocate

Did it myself,unhooked the wires,pushed the wire through the wall and hooked the wire back up again.Big deal,5 minutes work and can I bill Telus $ 150.00 for doing their installers work. 😁😀

polecat
All-Star

@Pam-MB  Good for you. Now keep track of your wifi strength (  I use Matt Hafner Strength meter )  I use Ookla  up and down for speeds.  I have 25 / 25 grand fathered  29/29 up down constant for years we don't use or need anything more. My wifi strength i -49 to -52 at any given time. Just in case they didn't supply what you wanted The tech seem kinda weird. Polecat

Pam-MB
Advocate

At my age I am lucky to still know how to work a computer,😅,but I don't see any difference in how fast the computer works with this high pure fibre 5g equipment.When I turn on my HP ThinkCentre,it is slow to get going just like me.😄