cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting devices to Telus modem

wudao2001
Neighbour
I have a Honeywell thermostat which connects to the internet via a redlink internet gateway. I have issues connecting the redlink to the internet (via cable) and I was told it is a common issue with the white Telus modem. Does anyone have similar issues with connecting home devices to Telus modem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dnice40
Neighbour

FIXED!!! No need to replace modem.

1. Open browser, type in 192.168.1.254 to open admin portal
  2. type "admin"; password admin password from modem
  3. "Change the device login password" - skip
  4. Dashboard - left menu - click Network
  5. Network dashboard - top menu - hover over LAN - click on BRIDGE
  6. BRIDGE page - check ENABLE BRIDGE (opens LAN PORT dropdown options - click LAN 1 (refers to port options on back of modem)
  7. click SAVE SETTINGS ("applying changes ...")
  8. Logout
  9. Unplug power from Redlink Gateway device, wait 10 seconds, plug back in.
  10. Ethernet light should turn GREEN now
  11. Test - open TCC app, adjust thermostat, see if thermostat registers change.
  12. THANKS ANNA!!!

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41

rcruz
Friendly Neighbour
Same problem here. I do not have the LAN menu on my IP gateway settings therefore I still am not able to connect my redlink to the internet and it is still on Amber. Talked to multiple Telus tech agents and they can't seem to find the issue nor understand what is going on.

I have the T3200M modem as well; so no LAN port bridging option.

For the past day I haven't noticed any offline instances by doing this:

• Select Advanced Setup
  • Select DHCP Reservation
  • Select MAC address of Redlink Gateway
  • Select any of the available IP's

Appears to be working for me, but YMMV.

Yeaaah, scratch the above. Back to 'normal', poor, connectivity once again after a day of smooth sailing.

rcruz
Friendly Neighbour
Yeah I'm wondering how @Dnice40 was able to access the other IP gateway if they had the Wi-Fi Boost 6. Would be nice to know how to do it and be done with this issue once and for all.

This is oddly unexpected, but I'll take it:

• Up to November 6 - ~6 offline messages in my inbox daily
  • November 7 to now - NO offline instances

How are things on your end?

rcruz
Friendly Neighbour
I didn't realize you have a different router than I do. I have the Wi-fi 6 booster, the white cylindrical router/booster. Mine still doesnt work though.

I work for TELUS and reported the issue to an article they had at work about compatibility of the different Gateways and different TELUS hardware about 2 week ago or so.

rcruz
Friendly Neighbour
Hopefully they will provide a proper fix on all their routers/boosters/modem because I spoke with 2-3 agents and they don't seem to know or understand what the issue is and how to fix it. I even offered to give them the link to this thread to help them better understand the situation but refused to do so.

KRC
Friendly Neighbour
Hi, have your issue got resolved?

Hi, just use TP Link network switch, attach with your router or anywhere the Ethernet cable available, and then Redlink attached to TP Link the it should work.
Mine is working that way.

On T3200M that didn't help but connecting an old router' Wan port to the port 1 of T3200M then RedLink IG to a lan port of the old router seems not lose connection.

KRC
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you for sharing these steps to connect Honeywell Redlink Internet Gateway with Telus Network Access Hub. It worked perfectly for me. Just to let everybody know that the IP 192.168.1.254 is for the Network Access Hub and not the Wifi6 Booster. So the Admin password for this IP is available when you open the cover of the Access Hub. Once you login with the right password and look the above mentioned steps, you will be good.

ATTENTION TELUS: please fix this so owners of Honeywell Redlink Internet Gateway do not have to do a work around.

The device is not hacking anything.

I'm having the same issue and when trying to log into admin portal, I'm using both 'admin' for the user and password, but not working. What am I doing wrong?

I just transferred from Shaw to Telus and having the same issue with the Honeywell. Is 'admin' the user ID and password? 

paulpooco
Organizer

Unrelated to connection issue, The Total Home Connect Thermostat app sometimes will not show the system doing anything but either the fan is on doing circulate or the heat is on.   I guess the Thermostat could turn off heat or circulate and it just take a bit for Heatpump system to finish what it is doing?

paulpooco
Organizer

paulpooco_0-1668207727332.png

My T3200M hasn't hasn't had an update in 2 years, that sounds wrong.

I work for TELUS just not the department that goes to peoples houses.

KRC
Friendly Neighbour

Hi, have your issue got resolved?

KRC
Friendly Neighbour

Hi, was your issue resolved. I also got a new telus router and hub which is not getting connected with Redlink.

The V6 is your wireless access pt, cannot bridge any of it's ethernet ports. Pull the cover off the network access hub, use a flat screw driver at the top in the middle should pop off. Sometimes they put the tiny screw in the bottom for extra holding power. The sticker will be there, at bottom of sticker will say admin and a password. So when you type in 192.168.1.254 type admin and password. That will bring up the interface and you are talking to the nah now. Click the green coloured band saying broadband then click tab saying local port mode, click  port 1 bridge, apply changes, restart modem, port 1 on nah should now be in bridge mode and will show under the broadband banner as enabled. Plug in the honeywell to port 1 should blink green now. The honeywell device is a gateway too.

Hi, just use TP Link network switch, attach with your router or anywhere the Ethernet cable available, and then Redlink attached to TP Link the it should work.
Mine is working that way.