cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting devices to Telus modem

wudao2001
Neighbour
I have a Honeywell thermostat which connects to the internet via a redlink internet gateway. I have issues connecting the redlink to the internet (via cable) and I was told it is a common issue with the white Telus modem. Does anyone have similar issues with connecting home devices to Telus modem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dnice40
Neighbour

FIXED!!! No need to replace modem.

1. Open browser, type in 192.168.1.254 to open admin portal
  2. type "admin"; password admin password from modem
  3. "Change the device login password" - skip
  4. Dashboard - left menu - click Network
  5. Network dashboard - top menu - hover over LAN - click on BRIDGE
  6. BRIDGE page - check ENABLE BRIDGE (opens LAN PORT dropdown options - click LAN 1 (refers to port options on back of modem)
  7. click SAVE SETTINGS ("applying changes ...")
  8. Logout
  9. Unplug power from Redlink Gateway device, wait 10 seconds, plug back in.
  10. Ethernet light should turn GREEN now
  11. Test - open TCC app, adjust thermostat, see if thermostat registers change.
  12. THANKS ANNA!!!

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What exact problem are you having? The Redlink should just be plug and play as long as the setup and operating instructions are followed.  Connecting the Redlink by ethernet should have no issues as the instructions do not mention requiring port forwarding.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

It just won't connect. It connected ok for a few minutes and then refuse to connect again. Tech guy who set up the thermostat says he encountered many instances when the isp is Telus and the modem is the white one as opposed to the black one.

I have the exact same issue...Telus tells me the problem is with Honeywell, the supplier of the device and Honeywell says its related to Telus.  Anyone? 

I have the same issue. Both of what Telus and Honeywell is correct. I'm sure it's more on the Telus side. I think their router is picking up the communication to Honeywell as a hacking attempt. The solid yellow light means it's on the network but, it's unable to get to the Honeywell server.

Do you know what the firmware version of the WI-Fi 6 units are? and is there any switch in your environment? 

Dnice40
Neighbour
How do we fix it?

Swapped the white tower modem with a black modem and problem solved. This also solved connection issues with other older products which can only connect to 2G networks.

rcruz
Friendly Neighbour
Did you have to pay extra or go through extensive process to swap out your booster to a black router/modem? Looking to have mine swapped out too.

Didn't have to swap. Just used the same white tower and went into the settings to "enable bridge".

rcruz
Friendly Neighbour
I have the wifi 6 booster but it does not give me access to the IP gateway 192.168.1.254 but rather lets me in on the 192.168.1.41 which does not have the LAN menu to enable bridge. I tried using the "admin" username and password on the back of my wifi 6 booster but it just won't allow me to log in.

KRC
Friendly Neighbour
Hi, can you please let me know the model # of the booster?

soloyo
Just Moved In

i have the same issue, just got installed few days ago. WIFi6 is not a router just a booster. the issue is with the white hub that's the router. worked with not issues with Shaw

soloyo
Just Moved In

just have telus internet installed few days ago. Same issue, redlink internet led is yellow, and have not connections alerts.

The WIFI6 is a booster not a router so have nothing to do ith this. the issue is with the gateway/router.

Any solutions?

How is the Honeywell Total Connect thermosat app for you? I find sometimes what th3 app shows is happening isn't what is actually happening. I.e. app would say cooling was on but is wasn't in real life.

Connects and communicates well.

Hi, just use TP Link network switch, attach with your router or anywhere the Ethernet cable available, and then Redlink attached to TP Link it should work.
Mine is working that way.

Dnice40
Neighbour

FIXED!!! No need to replace modem.

1. Open browser, type in 192.168.1.254 to open admin portal
  2. type "admin"; password admin password from modem
  3. "Change the device login password" - skip
  4. Dashboard - left menu - click Network
  5. Network dashboard - top menu - hover over LAN - click on BRIDGE
  6. BRIDGE page - check ENABLE BRIDGE (opens LAN PORT dropdown options - click LAN 1 (refers to port options on back of modem)
  7. click SAVE SETTINGS ("applying changes ...")
  8. Logout
  9. Unplug power from Redlink Gateway device, wait 10 seconds, plug back in.
  10. Ethernet light should turn GREEN now
  11. Test - open TCC app, adjust thermostat, see if thermostat registers change.
  12. THANKS ANNA!!!

What setting do you change for the T3200 Gateway?

So I have the NAH and boost wifi 6, when i try and do the above instructions, I dont have the option in LAN to go to BRIDGE. Any suggestions on this setup? Thanks!

I'm trying a bunch of different settings; if I find something that allows the Redlink to consistently be online, I'll report back. Bit of a PITA, wish I wouldn't have sold my routers so I could just bridge and be done with it.