cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding issues on Arcadyan router

MasonMenzies
Neighbour
I am trying to do something I have a done a millions times, and am having nothing but issues. Port forwarding for a Minecraft server.

The port I am trying to open is 25565, and I have confirmed that the server I created is using this port, and not a custom one.

I have setup a UDP and TCP port forward in the routers firewall settings, with the port set to 25565, and the correct IP for the host PC (obtained using ipconfig from command prompt)

Nothing I do will open the dang port.
To be clear, I have been testing it on a port checker as well as giving the IP to friends to see if they can connect. No luck.

I've also made sure to open the port in my host computer's firewall for incoming and outgoing permissions for both TCP and UDP. No luck.

I have tried disabling the firewall on the router as well, without success.
I see a lot of people talking about NAT, but I can't find any settings for that on the Arcadyan.

And yes, the IP I am giving out is the public IP, not the local ipv4.

Should I just trash the Telus router and get a different one?

4 REPLIES 4

DrPacman
Rockstar

@MasonMenzies Wrote: Nothing I do will open the dang port.

I know it's going to sound silly, however, I've found with most of the routers I've run into lately I've had to make the configuration changes, and then reboot the router. Seems the config change don't really migrate until after that initial reboot... just a thought... Cheers..

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Yeah, that was my first go to. I've tried resting from the app, unplugging it and plugging it back in after 60 seconds, and doing a full factory reset.

No go.

@MasonMenzies Wrote:  I've tried resting from the app, unplugging it and plugging it back in after 60 seconds, and doing a full factory reset.

Just a further thought. By any far out chance your external IP in the 100.82.x.x range?

CGNAT has its own reserved IP range between 100.64.0.0 and 100.127.255.255. If so your under a carrier grade NAT addressing and you won't be able get the port forwarding to work.

https://www.draytek.co.uk/information/blog/what-is-cgnat#:~:text=Recognising%20GCNAT%20Address%20Ran....

Couple of threads on solutions for the Carrier Grade NAT issues as follows:

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/WAN-IP-is-not-a-true-public-IP/m-p/111688/highlight/t...

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/T3200M-Minecraft-port-forwarding/m-p/113634

Other than that, you may be correct in your assumption of bridging the modem and utilizing aftermarket routing hardware to solve this problem... Cheers...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much. 

That's some great educational links. I Appreciate it.
I thought you may have been onto something, but my Wan IP starts at 108, so I'm assuming it's outside of that range for CGNAT/NAT444

Thanks ~