cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding from Telus T3200M to Asus RT-AX58U for WireGuard VPN

bennetlee
Friendly Neighbour

I would like to set up WireGuard VPN server on AX58U which is a second router connected to T3200M.  Per my understanding, 51820 is the listening port of WireGuard.  However, when I input 51820 as the port to be forwarded under T3200M, there wasn't any update on the router and it seems like there is no such port for T3200M.  Anybody knows if there is any possible port that can both work under T3200M and AX58U?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's not how my T3200M behaves.

Try a random port like 9999. If the behavior is the same then you need to reboot the router. Also try a different browser in case something is cached.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

xray
Hero

@bennetlee wrote:

... there wasn't any update on the router and it seems like there is no such port for T3200M...

What do you mean by this? Did the port forwarding configuration not save?

bennetlee
Friendly Neighbour
When I input 51820 as the port forward number under T3200M and then click apply, it will redirect me to the home page of T3200M Web Gui, and I can't see any update under port forwarding page. Have tried few times but same result.

That's not how my T3200M behaves.

Try a random port like 9999. If the behavior is the same then you need to reboot the router. Also try a different browser in case something is cached.

bennetlee
Friendly Neighbour
I have tried 80 as the port and it works. Thanks so much for your help.