cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding Not Working

Secured_
Just Moved In

Hi, im trying to port forward the following ports: 2456-2458 in the TCP and UDP protocols for Valheim server hosting. I have tried to use both the Port Forwarding tab and the Applications tab. Both of these would not work, I have been checking them through Steam and a few websites like canyouseeme.org. For some reason the port will not open even though I have port forwarded it using the networking page. I have been stuck on this for several hours now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Hopefully this will help:

Opening Ports in a Actiontec T3200M Router (portforward.com)

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

No luck. Their Port Forward utility indicated that it was open. But no where else like canyouseeme.org (using a different network), steam, my local computer cant connect to that ip address like how could with my shaw router elsewhere. Any other suggestions?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are trying to host a server locally, you will not be able to connect to your own IP from your LAN. That is how all Telus connections are set up. The only way to test is with another device on a different connection or a VPN.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂