cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Telus mail account is not able to download my emails. There's a problem with my account settings

Timeforfreedom
Helpful Neighbour

When I start my Microsoft mail program it won't download my emails. I keep getting the following message: 

"We couldn't access this account: Telus. You might need to update your password, or give the account permission to sync to this device."

I haven't changed any settings, so I don't know why this is occurring. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Timeforfreedom
Helpful Neighbour

I'm also getting a popup notification on bottom right notification area saying: Your Telus account settings are out of date. 

Please confirm if your email settings match the following: 

1. Incoming server (IMAP): imap.telus.net
    Port: 993
    Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL/TLS
  2. Incoming server (POP3): pop.telus.net
    Port: 995
  3. Outgoing server (SMTP): smtp.telus.net
    Port: 465

Another thing to consider. Make sure you don't have an antivirus program on your computer that is actively scanning for spam when you try to get your mail. Those programs have occasionally caused errors like this in the past.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

You should check this link out to confirm all your email settings are correct:

https://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/interstitial/set-up-telus-email-on-your-computer

I had some problems recently with Outlook (had been working fine for quite some time) and discovered that some of the settings were incorrect.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

I wish I could have had help from your link, however, it is saying that address can't take me anywhere. I am having the same problem as timeforfreedom so I hoped your link would help. I will try the other options.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus is updating their info due to the migration to Gmail. I found this link that may be helpful:

https://www.telus.com/en/pe/business/support/article/set-up-telus-email-on-your-computer-using-windo...

Settings for other clients can be found near the bottom.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.