cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving - No Fibre

buckycat
Leader

I’m going to be moving to an area that doesn’t yet have Telus fibre. Any thoughts on Tv and internet over copper? I really don’t want to go back with Shaw. I’m currently on 300/300 and it looks like I can get 75/15 at my new place. How does tv compare?
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

75/15 will do everything you need to do. Keep in mind Optik TV doesn’t affect your internet speed. As there is allotted bandwidth separate from the internet service.

TV and internet, streaming etc it will serve you well. I prefer Optik TV as Telus has better hardware for TV, channel selection, packages and a limited selection of 4K channels.

I have had internet 50, 75 and now 150 bonded copper and does everything I need. While more speed would be nice it’s plenty for my smart home. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

75/15 will do everything you need to do. Keep in mind Optik TV doesn’t affect your internet speed. As there is allotted bandwidth separate from the internet service.

TV and internet, streaming etc it will serve you well. I prefer Optik TV as Telus has better hardware for TV, channel selection, packages and a limited selection of 4K channels.

I have had internet 50, 75 and now 150 bonded copper and does everything I need. While more speed would be nice it’s plenty for my smart home. 

buckycat
Leader
Thanks. Will I use the same equipment? I have the T3200 and the Arris boxes.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@buckycat Yes you will use the same equipment. You will lose your PVR recordings when you move the service FYI. Just be aware of that.