cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local network addressing

mumbles84
Organizer

I'm more advanced in networking (locally) and I have a couple of local isolated 10.*.*.* ip ranges here at home, which then connect to my router with TELUS for a 192.168.1.* address. I wish to move to 10.*.*.* ranges completely. I haven't really looked into if TELUS is using any of those ranges to communicate directly with the router. So doing a soft query to find out if anyone knows if they do and what ranges should be avoided to avoid conflict. I see no reason why I cannot do this at my residential location, hopefully the t3200M doesn't have restrictions to this and hopefully they get a better router in the near future.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero
Any of the non-routable IP address ranges should work.
10.0.0.0/8
172.16.0.0/12
192.168.0.0/16
The only issue might be with the IP address of the router itself to get to the configuration pages. In theory it should just be x.x.x.254 but I haven't done it to confirm.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Nighthawk @xray @FuzzyLogic would this be something you'd have insight into?

xray
Hero
Any of the non-routable IP address ranges should work.
10.0.0.0/8
172.16.0.0/12
192.168.0.0/16
The only issue might be with the IP address of the router itself to get to the configuration pages. In theory it should just be x.x.x.254 but I haven't done it to confirm.

Thank you 

Do you have Optik service? I sort of recall some questions about whether the Optik boxes work on other subnets.