cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lan port disabling internet

Randombrownguy
Just Moved In
I have a t3000 gateway and its been swapped out multiple times. I have an issue where my internet goes down and I can't get an IP address. After a week of everything working normally my internet (wifi and hardwired) cuts out again. I have a cable running from one of the LAN ports to a smart TV. When I unplug the ethernet cable the internet is restored. This issue started about a month ago but this setup was working for over a year. Could this be a ethernet cable issue or is something else going on?
3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I wonder if your Smart TV received an update causing th changed behaviour. 

To test your hypothesis, can you run a temporary Ethernet Cable to the TV?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Same issue with different cables. After some research it sounds like it's a pause frame flood issue and the t3000 doesn't handle it properly so it shuts down all internet.

I dont know what a good solution is, any tips on that would be helpful

Do you happen to have a Sony Bravia TV? I have encountered this issue in the past and I narrowed it down to a defect in the Ethernet driver or firmware. It seems to related to power standby mode. A reboot sometimes fixes it for a while. Maybe try adjusting the power settings.

It resolved itself with a firmware update sometime later as I haven't seen the issue in over a year.

Some info here as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeNetworking/comments/uz4f54/anyone_ever_heard_of_a_sony_tv_flooding_thei...