cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps disconnecting signal strength is bad also. Through all this I still have good speeds.

Jbeck54
Neighbour
I have had internet issues since moving to new place. The internet will randomly cut off regardless of time of day. Telus has been trying to correct the problem and has supplied me with boosters. But regardless of new tech home visits and calls, I’m ending up using my data more than ever. I don’t have any extra ‘routers’ Can anything help my issue?
4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If your speed is still good, then signal strength should not be worth worrying about.

I suggest noting all the times the internet drops, and for how long, so you can discuss with a tech. The issue could be outside your house, rather than inside, so some investigation may need to occur.

Are you on Fibre or copper lines to your router?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks for responding. Lines are still copper

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then there could be problems with the line outside your house. I had similar issues many years ago, which was addressed by the tech switching pairs in the line between the tub at the street, and the house.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks for responding. I had lines from main box to alley box repaired/replaced and from alley to side of house. All to no avail. Telus said that if problem was from outside house to inside, then I’d be financially responsible to have them checked and repaired