cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet caching problem

dgomez
Neighbour

I am a web designer. When updating websites I am getting some server side code that is cached. I know that the website in question is not set up with server side caching. Deleting browser cache does not solve the problem. Using different browsers doesn't help. I tried reseting my router. I don't know what else to do. The hosting company that hosts this website is saying that they are not seeing any caching. When I use my Telus mobile data on my phone the caching doesn't occur. Al least not that I've seen. My computer is hard wired (no wifi).

5 REPLIES 5

DrPacman
Rockstar

@dgomez Wrote: When updating websites I am getting some server side code that is cached.

There has been some discussions regarding browser proxy setting in the forums prior. Perhaps this may be your solution. I recognize that you've cleared the browser cache, however, if the proxy setting allow cache filling it each time I could see where this maybe the source of your problem. please have a gander at the following it may help... Cheers...

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Trouble-connecting/td-p/77645

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

This did not help. When I log into the router web address I can log in but as soon as I click a link the next page kicks me out.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you coding the entire site by hand or are you using a CMS like Wordpress? Does your hosting account also have server side caching settings? My hosting account has that feature, which I can access in cPanel and even flush the cached data.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

It is WordPress. The Server Caching feature is disabled. 

I found this setting in Chrome called Use secure DNS. I changed it from 'With your current provider' to 'With Google (Public DNS)' and so far the pages are loading correctly.

I used the same settings in Microsoft Edge and it seems to be working there now as well