cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet and Cable Installation WHERE at Single Family Home

wakie
Neighbour

I received an appointment reminder for our upcoming installation. It stated that access to the phone room is needed. I know that is for multi-family. However, will the installers require access to rooms/area other than those that the cable/internet will be installed in? For example, will they need to access the electrical panel? Our panel is in a room with tenants, so, I'll need to arrange access with them if required. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

polecat
All-Star

@wakie You will have to give access to all parts of house to get the internet and possible tv and phone if your moving it to fiber. The ont requires power and so does the modem router all this to best wired and best wifi coverage. You may want battery backup for phone - power outage. Polecat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

polecat
All-Star

@wakie You will have to give access to all parts of house to get the internet and possible tv and phone if your moving it to fiber. The ont requires power and so does the modem router all this to best wired and best wifi coverage. You may want battery backup for phone - power outage. Polecat

Thank you!